Miguel Almiron: Newcastle striker ready to begin training after work permit granted and could make debut against Wolves

Miguel Almiron: Newcastle striker ready to begin training after work permit granted and could make debut against Wolves
Newcastle’s record signing Miguel Almiron has been awarded a work permit and can now begin training with his new team-mates.The 24-year-old had to leave the country while the paperwork was completed after completing his club-record transfer to St James’ Park on deadline day.Almiron won the MLS Cup with Atlanta United last month2
Almiron won the MLS Cup with Atlanta United last month
However, it is understood Almiron is back in the north east and was expected to join his colleagues at the club’s Darsley Park training headquarters on Wednesday morning.The playmaker cost the Magpies in the region of 21million after a prolonged January pursuit which went close to the wire.His name was at the top of manager Rafael Benitez’s wish-list as he attempted to strengthen his squad ahead of a final push for Premier League survival. Full-back Antonio Barreca, who also arrived on Tyneside last week in a loan deal from Monaco, made his debut as a substitute in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat by Tottenham at Wembley.Almiron could get his chance when the Magpies head for high-flying Wolves on Monday evening.His capture represented a significant shift in a saga which has dogged the club in the last year or so, with owner Mike Ashley refusing to spend heavily in the transfer market while interested parties sought to put together workable takeover plans, and Benitez declining to sign a contract extension without assurances over the current regime’s ambition.Almiron signed for Newcastle in a 20million deal2
Almiron signed for Newcastle in a 20million deal
The Spaniard is out of contract in the summer and, while he is keen to stay, there is little doubt he is frustrated at having to negotiate a second scrap for safety having expected to be given the chance to build upon last season’s top-10 finish.Whether or not Ashley’s decision to invest in Almiron represents a rapprochement remains to be seen, with sources on Tyneside having indicated there has been no development on the contract front in the last week.However, the fact the sportswear magnate sanctioned a club-record purchase for the first time in his near 12-year tenure perhaps provided a pointer as to the chances of the club being sold in the short term.

Pogba lifted his jersey in celebration, to reveal a message for Bryan in a cup match against Torino
Manchester United news: Chris Smalling says appointing Ole

Jadon Sancho celebrates his goal against Hoffenheim

Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba says some of the team's players were afraid to fly following the disappearance last week of record signing Emiliano Sala.
Cardiff players afraid to fly after Emiliano Sala

Ivanovic scored the decisive goal in extra-time

Oxford United manager Karl Robinson has called for referee Ollie Yates to be sacked after his side's late defeat at Gillingham on Saturday. Yates waved away Oxford's penalty appeal after Gillingham goalkeeper Tomas Holy appeared to foul Jerome Sinclair in the 54th minute.
EFL manager calls for referees to be SACKED after a poor


Everton 2-0 Bournemouth: Toffees win hard-fought battle of

A poor start to the 2003/04 season cost Glenn Hoddle his job as Tottenham manager

We write the truth, without fear or favor, to bring you the news and images from Southern Philippines
The Daze | 2010 Astrological commentary by Michael Harwood

Have Manchester City been priced out of a move for Wolves star Neves?

Play the ultimate fantasy football game from The Sun Dream Team FC and catch up on all the latest football news and gossip. Free to join with £1M in prizes!

Manchester City beat Brighton to reach the FA Cup final

Mar 11, 2019 · FA launches investigation into bullying allegations against former Newcastle youth coach Peter Beardsley Save The 58-year-old agreed to leave Newcastle last Wednesday after a 14-month internal
Peter Beardsley Charged by FA Following Investigation Into

Callum Wilson has scored 11 goals in all competitions this season

Chelsea might face a mass exodus of star players like Eden Hazard and N'Golo Kante if Maurizio Sarri fails to play them in their best roles, according to Mario Melchiot. The series of embarrassing defeats which culminated in the FA Cup exit to United has brought Italian manager Sarri under intense scrutiny.
Ball may force Hazard & Kante away from Stamford Bridge

Napoli right-back Elseid Hysaj attempts to tackle an opponent.

Eden Hazard to Real Madrid: How starting XI may look after Chelsea ace completes transfer EDEN HAZARD has been announced as a Real Madrid player after an £88million move from Chelsea was agreed
Eden Hazard: How Real Madrid could line-up next season with

Dele Alli celebrates Tottenham’s win over Arsenal

Spurs team to face Everton confirmed: Sanchez and Kane return as Rose drops down to the bench. Here is the team Mauricio Pochettino has picked for the game at Goodison Park
Tottenham Team News: Official squad update before UCL final

Tottenham’s Son Heung-min was the subject of alleged racist abuse by one of his own fans in the defeat to Man United

Fantasy football tips: Premier League - Best replacements for Harry Kane It looks like Harry Kane could be out of action for a few weeks and that's a big problem for your fantasy football team. The Spurs striker limped off in the latter stages of their defeat to Man United at the weekend, with the club confirming on Tuesday that he'd
Fantasy football tips: Premier League - Best replacements for

Posting Komentar

0 Komentar